Schedule A Consultation

NJ Child Emancipation Attorney

Henry M. Weinfeld is a NJ child emancipation attorney. The State of New Jersey is one of the few states in the nation that allows parents to continue to collect child support past a child’s 18th birthday. The termination of support requires the obligated party to file a motion to prove that the child should be emancipated, and no longer eligible for support. For example, if your child is over 18 and attending college part-time you may be able to eliminate your support obligation. We will work together to gather the information, create a certification on your behalf, attach whatever exhibits are needed and file it according to the Court rules. We will represent you in Court for the motion hearing, and if you want, you need not attend.